The second National Adoption Coalition workshop was held on the 8th & 9th of October 2012 at Montecasino in Johannesburg. Thank you to everyone who took part in this exciting event that saw delegates from across the country, as well as exceptional local and international guest speakers. On this page, you will find photos of the event, followed by information and documentation from the workshop.
Resources and Presentations
- Adoption in SA, a perspective from the Department of Social Development
- Thoughts on Preparation for Adoption
- Addoption: Phase 2 of the Adoption Awareness Campaign
- The NACSA Adoption Community Engagement Programme (Train-the-Trainer)
- A report back on the NACSA structure, achievements to date and constitution
- A view on International Adoptions
- Adoption as a Child Protection Strategy
Our Draft constitution
This draft constitution was accepted in principle by the delegates at the workshop, however, refinements are still being made to the final document based on feedback in the session: Download
Output from workshop sessions
The following break-away workshop sessions were conducted during the second day of the conference, in several key areas, found listed below.Â Notes from available groups can be downloaded.
Numbers of adoptions vs. the number of children requiring permanent placement â€“ challenges in implementation of the Act.
- Creating collaboration across key government and civil society stakeholders to facilitate the process of adoption.
- â€˜Africanisingâ€™ adoptions, exploring a culturally relevant solution in South Africa.
- Abandonment, teenage and crisis pregnancy, from challenges to a solution.
- Role of preparation for adoption and post adoption support services.
- Responsibilities and roles within the child protection service system in relation to adoption.